GraceKennedy Limited, its subsidiaries and associated companies value our customers and respect your privacy and want you to know how we collect, use and disclose information provided by you.
What information do we collect?
When using our Website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter information that identifies, relates to, describes or is otherwise capable of being associated with you as an individual such as your Name, Email address, Mailing address, Phone number, gender or date of birth ("PII") so that we may better be able to help you with your experience, process any applications or requests submitted by you and facilitate your participation in the GKVR Programme. You may change your PII provided via the Website by logging in to your account
You may also be asked to provide non-personal information which does not reveal your specific identity or cannot be used to contact you such as information regarding your recent purchases or shopping preferences.
The above-described types of personal and non-personal information about current, former, or potential customers or members of the GraceKennedy Value Rewards Programme ("GKVR", "the Programme" or "the GKVR Programme") may be collected and stored by us, but only as provided for under this Policy, permitted or required by law, or as permitted or directed by you by accessing and using this Website.
When is information collected from you?
We collect information from you when you access the Website, apply for membership to the GKVR Programme on our Website, fill out a form or enter information on our Website or provide information through our Call Centre. Various forms of technology such as server log files and cookies are used to collect and store this information.
Information collected from you may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience as our customer
- To improve the Website
- To improve customer service including by learning about your preferences
- To administer contests, promotions, or a survey.
- To respond to your queries and fulfil your requests
- To contact you, if necessary
- To send you information by email, post, telephone or other means regarding the Website, changes to the terms, conditions and policies pertaining to the GKVR Programme or other administrative information
- To send you information about our products, services and promotions
- To analyse trends and statistics in connection with our businesses
- To protect the security and integrity of our businesses and internet properties
- As otherwise permitted under applicable Law.
Information collected from you may be disclosed
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, , IT services and infrastructure, customer service, email delivery and administration, auditing and other similar services to enable them to provide services;
- To our subsidiaries and affiliated entities (collectively, our "Affiliates") for marketing and other purposes;
- To third-party sponsors of promotions;
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock;
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of you, our Affiliates or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
By accessing this Website and/or providing information to us through this medium or our Call Centre, you consent to our use and disclosure of your PII and other information provided by you as described above.
We do not share information with third parties external to the GraceKennedy Group for marketing purposes unless specified above or we have your prior written permission to do so.
Use of 'cookies'?
Cookies are used to store a session ID while you a logged into the GKVR Website. The session holds information about your account, such as name, contact details, points balance, and information about the rewards catalogue items. This information is only available while you are logged into the Website. When you log out, the session is deleted. The next time you log in, a new session is created and the Session ID is stored in the cookie (which is created if it doesn't already exist). An undeleted Cookie holds no identifiable information.
Third party links
The Website may also contain offers for third party products and services.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect all PII under our control. We cannot however guarantee the security of any data storage or transmission via the internet and encourage you to exercise caution in submitting PII via the internet especially if you are accessing the Website using a Wi-Fi hotspot or public network.
This Website is not intended to be subject to the Laws or jurisdiction of any country or territory other than that of Jamaica.
Our Contact Information
73 Harbour Street, Kingston 3, Jamaica, W.I.
Telephone: 888.429.5GKV (5458)
Revision: December 15, 2014